Blue Lake COVID-19 Updates

As we continue to monitor the situation and make decisions, all updates will be published on this page.

March 25, 2020 Update:


We know that the Coronavirus brings a lot of uncertainty, and we have already received many questions regarding summer camp programs. At this time we are still planning on having all weeks of summer camp as scheduled. We are aware that the CDC may extend the large group gathering restrictions into the summer. With our campers' and visitors' health and safety being our number one concern, if the CDC makes that decision we will follow guidelines and cancel some or all of summer camp weeks depending on the details of the guidelines and our judgement of our guests safety. If camp is cancelled, you will receive a full refund.

March 12, 2020 Update:


The Alabama-West Florida Conference has decided to postpone all Alabama-West Florida Conference and district events as of today March 12, 2020, due to the threat of the coronavirus. The Conference will be reevaluating the situation on April, 1 2020. 

This includes the 2020 Bishop's Confirmation Retreat that was planned for March 13th-15th.

March 11, 2020 Update:


Blue Lake is very focused on the prevention of the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus). We continue to be aware of the concerns of safety of persons at Blue Lake.  


Blue Lake will follow the direction of the CDC on what preparations to take with users of the facility and its staff.


  • In the preparedness phase we will train our staff on signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and what to do if camp attendees/staff become symptomatic.

  • We will insist people to stay home when sick.

  • We will encourage personal protective measures (stay home when sick, handwashing, respiratory etiquette).

  • We will clean frequently touched surfaces at gathering points daily.

  • Ensure hand hygiene supplies are readily available in all buildings.

  • Blue Lake staff will monitor participant body temperature and consider movement restrictions based on risk, social distancing, and removal from camp if necessary.


We are continuing our preparation for all groups and summer camps to continue as scheduled.